Here are some effects of sitting too long at work.
- In 2010 a study published in British Journal of Sports Medicine found those who sit for long periods of higher risk for disease than people who regularly make muscle movement.
- Researchers from the American Cancer Society found even people who exercise every day, will not find any benefit for himself if he spends most of his time behind a desk.
- Researchers at the University of Missouri declared sitting for too long will cut off the circulation of the fat-absorbing enzyme, called lipase.
- The study, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology suggests sitting long (more than 6 hours per day) may increase the risk of death by 18 percent due to diabetes, heart disease and obesity, than people who spend 3 hours every day to sit down.
- Researchers from the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana analyzed the lifestyles of more than 17,000 men and women for 13 years and find people who spend most of their time sitting, 54 percent died of a heart attack.
A series of scientific evidence that it makes 'the company officials over there' to switch on the desk stand. Some even begin to look for a treadmill desk so that we can walk slowly while working.
Unfortunately, experts warn that up as dangerous as sitting all day long. Alan Hedge, director of the Human Factors and Ergonomics said it stood for too long is not healthy because it is more tiring and increases the risk of carotid aterosklersosis (ninefold) because of the additional load on the circulatory system and increases the risk of varicose veins.
He also said the ability of our motor will be reduced if someone stands too long. Using computers can also change the standing posture and increase the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome.
So what's the solution? Hedge suggested that the activity of sitting in the office should be interspersed with physical activity every 20 minutes.
"Do a variety of physical activity at work, like walking into the office kitchen to fetch water, climbing stairs, walking around the floor, or find a parking spot a little away from the office. In addition, make sure the desk and ergonomic chairs are used,"he advised.
May you also interest in Sitting a long time be death