Therefore, recognize some of tips below to keep your brain healthy:
1. Eat regularly
The research team in Italy, found that food turns out to activate the molecules in the brain and can make the brain live longer. Molecule called CREB1. function of CREB1is to activate many genes associated with age and brain function. CREB1 is known have important functions in the brain for the ability to remember, organize the process of learning and anxiety and reduces aging.
2. Expand eat fish.
Fish may protect the brain from aging, because fish contains vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids that cause brain shrinkage and we rarely have better mental performance. In addition, omega 3 fatty acids are also an important component of brain cell membranes and can improve memory power, thereby reducing the risk of dementia in old age.
A researcher that as combination from researcher from Oregon Health and Science University, Portland VA Medical Center, and Oregon State University done brain scan to 42 participant. They found that people with high vitamin and Omega 3 in blood, will get the biggest brain volume, While the people with fat trans in blood have brain volume that more small.
3. Consumption of food vitamin B
- a. Vitamin B1 (Thiamine). Thiamine helps the growth of organs and central nervous system in babies. Found in all kinds of food grains and fortified ingredients, such as breads, cereals, wheat and pasta. Deficiency (lack of) of thiamine causes: fatigue, poor memory, mental confusion, behavioral aberrations, and short-tempered
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). Is the form that helped usher koenzym nerve stimulation. Vitamin B5 sources are meat, poultry, fish, cereals, grains, milk, and vegetables.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Assist the development of infant brain and nervous system, in addition to form new red blood cells. In addition Vitamin B6 helps convert tryptophan into serotonin, a brain chemical that is causing a sense of calm to the body. Found in chicken meat, liver, bananas, watermelon, beans, and fortified products such as cereals. Vitamin B6 deficiency affects irritability, easy fatigue, poor concentration, poor sleep habits, and poor memory
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin). Vitamin B12 along with folic acid to help mother and baby produce healthy red blood cells and helps the development of the fetal brain and nervous system. Sources of vitamin B12 are meat, chicken, fish, shellfish, eggs, and feed containing milk.
4. Avoid fast food.
A non-profit organizations in the UK called the Alzheimer's Research UK felt called to examine the risk of food that cause dementia or dementia. According to the results in the field, trans fats found in fast food is associated with lower mental test scores and typical brain shrinkage seen in Alzheimer's disease.
5. Train your mental
Mental stimulation to keep the brain healthy and increases the power of memory. People who have a good memory and tend to have different desires can overcome the challenges of mental exercise. You can train your brain by using techniques such as puzzles, riddles and interest in social and cultural fields.
Enough with the half-hour every three times a week for exercise, will give a good effect to increase your brainpower, because sport can improve the heart's ability to pump blood more effectively.
7. Get plenty of rest
Adequate rest is done regularly can help improve memory. Thus the results of a study conducted by researchers at the RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Tokyo, Japan. The researchers found the protein synthesis in the cerebellum plays an important role in the miracle. Rest is regular spacing effect. The distance effect is believed to help the brain recover gradually the memory. The researchers also found a distance effect also works in a unique way on the learning process. Those who learn little by little without the pressure would be easier to remember the learned knowledge than those who learn by diforsir.